Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Knotwork

Years ago, I can't remember how many, the Celtic bug struck me.
It was like a light turning on in my head saying....Hell Yeah! This
strikes home....This is important to you. All the music and art
and festivals and everything Celtic came into view.
My older brother Steve felt the same way. He
has the bug also. It could be the Irish, Scottish, Welsh and German
blood we have in our veins. Yes I suppose it is. 

The Book of Kells I do believe were the first pictures I saw of
knotwork.  A noble lord of the 13th century said of The
Book of Kells, "The work not of men but of angels" Anyone
who has seen it can attest to that. There is something appealing
about knotwork to me. I can't put my finger on it but it feels 
like a old friend when ever I see it, be it in sculpture or paintings
or graphics or even in nature.The following are photos of amazing
trees with interesting almost knotwork like roots systems.Check
them out.


What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in
 comparison to what lies inside of you.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson




Pain is your friend; it is your allie. Pain reminds you to finish 
the job and get the hell home. 
Pain tells you when you have been seriously wounded. 
And you know what the best thing about pain is? 
It tells you you’re not dead yet!” – G.I Jane






The hardest struggle of all is to be something different
 from what the average man is. – Charles M Schwab




You might say something isn't proven until it's tested... 
and the same could be said for the strength and the will of a person.”
Evette Carter








One of the toughest experiences to go through is
to be someones strength while you're at your weakest.



















No comments:

Post a Comment